Temporary Suspension of Hiring
Due to COVID-19 we are currently suspending most hiring-related activities.
We look forward to renewing normal operations once we are able.
Thank you for your interest. Please check back again soon!
Labourers and Carpenters
Lower Mainland, BC
NU FRAME INC. is a wood framing and concrete company specializing in residential and commercial construction. It is an affiliate of the Alliance Truss Group and, having been in business for over 20 years, is considered one of the leaders in the industry.
With many upcoming projects, we are looking to add full-time LABOURERS and CARPETERS to work in our framing and formwork divisions. Must be willing to travel from different sites in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
- Previous construction experience, an asset
- Willing to work in harsh weather conditions
- Complete PPE (steel-toed boots, hard hat, safety vest, belt with hand tools, etc.) required
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle, an asset
- 7:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
- Labourers (0-2 years’ experience): $16-$22/hour
- Carpenters (2-5+ years’ experience): $22-$35+/hour
Truss Labourers – AM & PM Shifts
$17.00 an hour
As the industry leader in manufactured wooden roof trusses in British Columbia, ALLIANCE TRUSS LTD. is looking to add full-time, permanent TRUSS LABOURERS to fill our day and afternoon shifts at our Abbotsford plant.
- Walking, standing, reaching, pulling and lifting up to 50 lbs. throughout shift
- Repeated lifting, stacking and transporting lumber and other materials
- Willing to work outside in various weather conditions
- Previous construction or production experience an asset
- Knowledge of power tools and reading a tape measure is desired but not required
- Must have full authorization to work full-time in Canada
Hours with overtime opportunities for both shifts:
- Day shift: Monday to Friday – 7am to 3:15pm
- Afternoon shift: Monday to Thursday – 3:30pm to 2am
Starting wage including production bonus:
- Day shift: $17.00/hour
- Afternoon shift: $18.50/hour
Structural Engineer – Residential Design and Wood Trusses
Horace Engineering Ltd.
HORACE ENGINEERING, an affiliate of the Alliance Truss Group of Companies, is seeking to fill a vacancy for a STRUCTURAL ENGINEER specializing in residential design and wood trusses to work in our Surrey office.
Our team comprises of skilled individuals with a direct focus on single and multi-family residential engineering sectors. Keeping up with best practices and ensuring codes are met, the Structural Engineer will confirm that construction complies with the drafted plans and ensures that the build adheres with sound-engineering principles. The successful candidate will also make structural recommendations and verify and sign off on any adjustments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Executing engineering projects in accordance with Horace Engineering Value Propositions, Horace Engineering Procedures and Horace Engineering OQM documents including calculations for:
o single-family residential projects (including custom homes)
o multi-family residential projects
(including 6-story wood frame on concrete parkade, townhouses, etc.)
o mixed construction projects
- Resource management including management of junior engineering staff and technicians
- Working with management to establish, manage and fulfill production goals
- Completing field reviews for buildings under construction
Lower Mainland, BC.
$20 – $35 an hour.
NU FRAME INC. is a formwork and wood framing company specializing in multi-residential construction. It is an affiliate of the Alliance Truss Group of Companies and, having been in business for over 20 years, is considered one of the leaders in the industry.
We are looking to add full-time CERTIFIED RIGGERS to our Nu Frame team who are willing to travel from different sites in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Attach rigging to a variety of materials and equipment in a safe manner adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures while following Nu Frame’s safety guidelines
- Accurately calculate load requirements
- Correctly verify rigging positions to ensure loads are safely secured
- Interact well with all trades on site to positioning of all their materials and equipment
- Communicate effectively with crane operators in all aspects to ensure a safe environment
- Provide routine daily checks of rigging equipment prior to use and mark, record and report any defects
- Properly dismantle and stow rigging equipment after each use
- Be punctual and reliable; able to work overtime hours as needed
- Properly wear personal protective equipment at all times
- Valid Rigger Certification required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the construction industry with a variety of crane sites
Stiff Boom Crane Operator
ALLIANCE TRUSS LTD. is the industry leader in manufactured wooden roof trusses in British Columbia. We are seeking two full-time STIFF BOOM CRANE OPERATORS to work based out of our plant in Abbotsford.
- Level A Stiff Boom CraneSafe Certificate
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s License
- At least 3 years’ driving experience with a clean driver’s abstract
- At least 2 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of transportation routes in the Lower Mainland
- Must successfully pass drug test
- Must have valid passport with capability of travelling to USA
Salary: hourly wage based on work experience